Thursday, July 9, 2015

Ice Cream Social

 
 
One of the downfalls of living frugally is limitations on socializing. A nice dinner out and a movie is easily $100, which is more than I'd spend on a week of groceries, let alone one meal. I cringe to recall how much I spent on a night out drinking when I was 21.

That's why I get really excited when there's events in the area for free or cheap. Also, I've been living in Delaware Township for over two years (since my nights out drinking), and I know hardly anyone I didn't know before I moved. So, two reasons to be excited: 1. It's free 2. I get to meet people.

This coming Thursday, the Dingman's Ferry Historical Society is hosting a free ice cream social. How cool is that?

Details:
Thursday, July 16, 2015
7PM
Delaware Township building (116 Wilson Hill Road)
FREE and open for anyone to come.

It's not just ice-cream though. They're having door prizes, a barbershop quartet, and the flyer specifically says fun. So, it's definitely going to be fun.

A little fun fact about barbershop quartets, they actually started in barbershops. When a small group of men waiting in line got bored enough they'd begin singing and harmonizing, and poof, a movement began. Hey, you can't lie on the internet.

The quartet is going to be an awesome touch to this event, I just hope my baby doesn't join in with his screaming. So far, he loves music though, so the quartet should be just as fun for him as it is for me. Fingers crossed.

Oh, and there's a chocolate fountain. Yup. A fountain of chocolate. Also, for FREE.

Feel free to say hi if you see me there, and down below in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely check out groupons! Great way to have a good time with friends and save money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fo freeeee? I'll check it out though, thanks for the tip!

      Delete